Sunday 9 October 2016

My Sound Video Learner Response

Teacher Feedback:


- Great choice of music - has a strong feel and atmosphere.

- Use of YouTube footage is contemporary and interesting and also creates a link between the parallel and contrapuntal.

- Perhaps not enough of a jump/distinction between them despite the clear emotional difference.

- More of a montage/wider selection of clips (perhaps newspaper/online headlines relating to the issue?) could have added to this.


My own Feedback:



WWW:

-I think my choice of music was a good choice and I think it worked as both a parallel piece and a contrapuntal piece.


-I think my clips contrasted well in terms of mood and emotions.



-Both clips and the lyrics of the song link to current issues faced by many girls around the world.



EBI:

-Adding a newspaper or online headline would have made it better in terms of getting the message across.


- I should have used more clips and perhaps some still images to shorten my original clips and decrease the risk of the audience losing interest.



-Using two very similar YouTubers lacked variety - I could have used one clip from a YouTuber and one clip from a film or something similar to make the video more interesting and appealing to more than one audience.

My Top 3 videos in the class:

Ratna:
I enjoyed Ratna's video because there was a clear contrast between the parallel and contrapuntal clips and the contrapuntal clips were completely contrapuntal to the music and so as well as working extremely well, there was also a sense of humour to it. However I think the use of titles lessened the impact of the change from parallel to contrapuntal on the audience.

Ellis:
Ellis' video also showed a clear contrast between the two sets of clips and the music worked with both in that it was definitely parallel with the images of mountains and the complete opposite of the images of war and fighting so the transition from one to the other was a shock to the audience and the contrast between the music and the contrapuntal clips had an almost eerie feel to it. I think that he could have used some video clips as well as still images.

Karol:
I liked Karol's video because of how contrapuntal the classical music was to the second clip - the contrast was so strong that it made it funny to watch, especially the subtitles and this kept the audience's attention throughout. Similarly to Ratna's the titles lessened the potential shock the audience could have felt about the transition from parallel to contrapuntal.




-

No comments:

Post a Comment